"Custom essay industry is developing fast. Learn the pros and cons of buying and selling academic papers online. "
What is a Research Paper?
A research paper is a written document that is designed to provide proof, or evidence, to support a thesis. The thesis is a statement, based on a hypothesis (an unproven conclusion) about a matter. You can have a hypothesis about why a writer choose a certain subject or created a certain character, why something happened in history or even why a cell has a certain reaction to a specific type of light. The research paper is what is used to support the conclusion that was stated in the thesis. Its purpose is to document the logic of the evidence that led to the conclusion.
What makes it different from an essay?
In many ways, a research paper is an expanded essay. What makes is different from an essay is its use of external proofs that meet a criteria of acceptance within an area of study. In an essay, the proofs may be personal opinion or anecdotal evidence. In a research paper, you can use anecdotal evidence but it must come in the guise of a controlled and qualified study. In a research paper, the outline of introduction, body of supporting evidence and then the conclusion drawn from the evidence is used as a structure. For an essay, you do not have to provide the middle body but can go from introducing the question to stating the conclusion. Essays often lead to research papers and are often used in classes as pre-assignments to help with developing the order and structure of the more detailed research paper.
What constitutes “good” research?
There is such a thing as “good” research and “bad” research. The difference is based upon two criteria – confirmation bias and methodology. Confirmation bias indicates that the researcher only looked toward evidence that supported their original thesis and ignored findings that challenged their hypothesis. Good research will include evidence that negates the hypothesis because it allows you to refute the findings with stronger evidence that is in support of the thesis. Methodology refers to the quality of the evidence used as support. In most areas of inquiry, such as the sciences, there are standards for setting up control and variant groups to conduct research. If the evidence you are citing does not follow an approved methodology it loses strength as a viable argument of proof.
Research papers are written to provide support of a thesis that draws a conclusion. They use evidence that is accepted within the field of inquiry as valid and place little emphasis on opinion or anecdote as proof.
Student help corner
- Selling essays to students
- Aviation paper sample
- Economic term paper topics
- The Hoops Dreams essay
- Ecology paper subjects
- persuasive essay topics
- Female reproductive system essay sample
- Religion midterm paper ideas
- Research paper: writing an outline
- Intro of a term paper
- Writing your first academic paper
- Why term paper assistance is expensive?
- Argumentative research paper topics
- Thesis writing help
- Likelihood of marriage essay example
- World history term paper writing
- Analytical research project ideas
- Thesis research writing process
- Asking friends for help
- Classical period empires essay sample
- Help with economics essay subjects
- Writing a research paper on euthanasia
- Essay example on Judas' deed
- Bioethics writing help
- Research paper writing service: how to find it?
- Contemporary history thesis topics
- Advantages of using essay writing help
- Best paper writing services
- Creating a cause/effect essay
- How to pick up a new problem
- A winning literary paper without mistakes
- How to begin your research paper
- Green renewal essay example
- MLA format paper: basic hints
- GMO essay example
- Creating a unique case study paper
- Steve Jobs essay sample
- Buying research paper online
- Cask Of Amontillado summary sample
- U.S. soldiers & the World War I: sample essay
- Creating an essay in 5 steps
- Essays for sale
- Using term paper samples
- Pride and Prejudice paper topics
- A Walk to Remember paper tips
- Analysis essay writing tips
- Divorce paper example
- Getting handle on various term paper formats
- A bibliography for research project
- 20 narrative paper ideas
- Downloading a term paper example
- Term paper help
- GWW 2 College research paper ideas
- What is a research paper?
- Organizational structure of Best Buy essay sample
- APA paper outline
- USA culture in 1960s paper template
- Selecting an argumentative paper topic
- Research project abstract samples
- How to come up with biology topics
- Free research project quotes samples
- Finding plagiarism-free term papers
- Term paper writing tricks
- Presenting a PhD thesis
- Places with research paper writing help
- Organizational behaviour essay
- Getting quality paper writing assistance
- Nursing term paper writing tips
- Brainstorming descriptive essay topics
- Academic writing tips
- Term paper editing tutorial
- Getting good paper samples offline
- Term paper outline samples
- How to avoid using clichés
- An argumentative research paper sample
- Purchasing a dissertation online
- Cholecystitis essay example
- Research paper writing agencies
- Editing your academic essay
Student help resources
Need help with essay? Order custom essay at http://vivaessays.com/ - expert essay writing service.